Lehigh Valley Dairy Farms, a part of DFA Dairy Brands, is seeking a qualified and experienced Transportation / Distribution Manager to manage oversight of a 91 person department. Seeking candidates with excellent people skills and the ability to govern under a Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position directly oversees Supervisors, Logistics Coordinators, and a fleet of straight truck drivers and direct store delivery drivers. Position is also responsible for the annual operating budget, department initiatives, routing, and compliance, among other skills sets. This is a great career position in a great company.
Distribution Manager ensures that all Distribution and Fleet programs and initiatives are executed as designed by providing leadership and coordination of activities. This includes the direct responsibility for efficient operation of all routes to increase sales and reduce operation costs.
* Plans, directs and monitors routing for all assigned facilities to ensure proper route coverage.
* Responsible for direction and coordination of route drivers to ensure maximum performance relative to product delivery, service and good customer relations.
* Responsible to ensure customer complaints are investigated and resolved related to in-store service and delivery.
* Ensures route returns are maintained within company standards.
* Ensures full compliance with all company quality assurance standards.
* Performs regular inspections to ensure all facilities, equipment and vehicles are in full compliance with company standards.
* Assures timely and assertive responses to inspection findings, working closely with Company Safety and DOT compliance managers.
* Develops annual cost savings initiatives that are aligned with the division and corporate strategic plan.
* Coordinates and monitors routing software activities and assures improvement strategies are realized.
* Must have negotiation skills to work with Third Party Carriers / Vendors should outside services be needed to move product / provide services.
* Must be able to manage the department’s annual operating budget and assist in cost analysis.
* Understands and drives distribution initiatives as well as overall cost-conscious culture.
* Monitors Xata activities and assures improvement strategies are realized.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Ensures compliance with all Dean Corporate policies and procedures.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
* Has management responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
<img height="1" width="1" style="display:none;" alt="" src="https://px.ads.linkedin.com/collect/?pid=454442&conversionId=518194&fmt=gif" />