We are looking for highly skilled and self-motivated Senior SQL Server DBA to help lead the design, optimization and support of our rapidly-growing Enterprise SQL environment.
The candidate must have experience with SQL Server and other Microsoft technology stacks, and be able to support Enterprise-level SQL Servers and Databases.
Candidate must possess good written and verbal communication skills, be able to interact with other teams and coordinate complex efforts. Must a team player, have a “get-it-done” personality, self-managed and able to juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines and provide qualitative deliverables with minimal supervision.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Provide direction and oversight for architecture and design elements of the full SQL environment, including the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Perform SQL Server database administration functions, including maintenance of multiple environments (development, testing, and production), patching, troubleshooting, object maintenance (e.g. partition, table, index, users/roles) creation/maintenance, space management, SSIS & SSRS deployments, and security management.
- Support on-going projects to ensure that development effort meets standards. This includes but not limited to access and change control related procedures.
- Architect and implement disaster recovery systems, processes, and procedures to maximize system availability and mitigate unplanned outages.
- Write scripts in PowerShell/SQL to automate tasks such as database clones, monitoring, backups, etc.
- Be available 24x7 for production on-call, participate in on-call rotation and weekend maintenance work.
- Work with other operations teams on any infrastructure issues such as server performance, network issues, etc.
- Work with Support and Development teams to provide 3rd tier support when issues cannot be resolved at a lower level.
- Troubleshoot various problems that arise in day-to-day work. Independently analyze, solve and correct issues in real time and providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Define database operations and migration strategy that enables legacy systems migration to cloud services based on business and technical requirements
- Design database backup and restoration strategy. Monitor to ensure backups are done regularly. Recover database to specific point of time per the requests or during outages.
- Automate monitoring with System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) or other monitoring tools.
- Proactive monitoring and performance tuning from physical server level, database level and query tuning.
- Establish and maintain best practices and operational procedures and generally provide guidance on SQL Server operation.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 7 years’ experience in MS SQL database design and implementation, performance tuning and optimization, administration and support including security components on multiple versions of SQL Server (2008 and later)
- 2 years’ experience with Azure or other applicable cloud/managed database solutions
- Expert-level proficiency in administration and maintenance of standalone and clustered SQL Server instances, including SQL Server, Reporting Service (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS) and Analysis Services (SSAS), in development, testing, staging and production environments.
- Expert level knowledge of developing and support complex Data Warehouses.
- Must have experience of SQL Server environments including High Availability, Replication, Disaster Recovery and Cluster Environment.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools, Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) preferably
- Experience with multiple version of Windows Server (2008 and later) including knowledge of Windows Server management such as disk administration, general performance tuning and overall server configurations
- Open and willing to learn new products/technologies.
- Ability to work in rapidly changing and fast paced environment.
- Position is based in Dallas, TX
- Microsoft SQL Server MCSA certification(s) is a major plus.