PET Dairy, a DFA Dairy Brand, has an excellent opportunity for a proven operations leader with prior food/beverage manufacturing experience. PET is recognized as a trusted provider of wholesome, great tasting dairy products. When you join PET, it’s more than starting an exciting career and leading an amazing team – you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of thousands of people every day.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include health, dental, vision programs, 401(k), paid time off, career growth opportunities and much more! This role will be based out of our Spartanburg, SC fluid manufacturing facility.
The Plant Manager IV provides leadership and direction to the plant in all areas of responsibility including administration, production, processing, packaging, quality, maintenance, warehousing, shipping, purchasing, safety, and environmental.
* Directs the overall activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped at the lowest possible cost to meet the customers’ requirements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
* Analyzes plant operations to ensure that the facility maintains a leadership position in the industry and that it takes advantage of new processes and technologies that become available.
* Is responsible for expense control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques.
* Develops annual manufacturing expense budget in accordance with forecasted sales volumes and planned inventory levels.
* Develops and manages implementation of plant capital budget.
* Provides reliable and accurate information to finance to ensure that end of month closing schedules are met.
* Ensures that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
* Is responsible for expense management and control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Implements plant safety programs and ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMP’s).
* Is responsible for the Food Security Policy/Program to assess potential food security risks and to ensure food security preventive measures are being implemented and routinely audited regarding the manufacturing, handling and storage of all food ingredients as well as finished goods.
* Is responsible for all corporate, customer and government audits to ensure compliance.
* Is responsible for environmental compliance.
* Collaborates with other plant managers to share best practices.
* Acts as a liaison with Distribution, Sales and Customer Service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction in helping to address customer inquiries, problems and concerns.
* Is responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, employee performance evaluations, discipline, and employee commendation.
* Is responsible for the overall succession planning and development of plant management staff.
* For those facilities with a collective bargaining agreement, additional responsibilities will include assisting in contract negotiations, grievances and arbitrations and all aspects of contract management.
* Ensures compliance with all Corporate policies and procedures.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
* Has supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.