Manages and leads all marketing activities involved in the development of new products platforms and commercialization of new products related to ice cream and frozen novelties. Implements and maintains best-in-class new product development of marketing practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives the identification, development and commercialization of frozen desserts new product platforms and strategic roadmaps.
- Drives white space identification and concept development process. Collaborates with Market research to refine ideas using consumer input.
- Leads all phases of new product development process.
- Conducts analysis of category, competitive landscape, customer and consumer trends to enhance new product marketplace performance.
- Leads and collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop and execute innovative platforms and new products to include: Research & Development, Finance, Purchasing, Operations, etc. Ensures that established processes are communicated, understood and followed by key stakeholders. Manages internal stakeholder relationships.
- Manages relationships with external creative teams, market research agencies, and other vendors.
- Manages the analysis of syndicated sales data, financial reports, and other data to monitor competitive product activity. Prepares executive summaries of key insights and recommendations.
- Facilitates collaboration with Ice Cream Business Team / General Managers on all new product planning
- Performs other duties as determined by business needs.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA with Marketing concentration preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of related CPG Marketing Management experience
- New product launch/commercialization experience, including a strong understanding of the new product development process.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong strategic thinking & planning skills.
- Strong grasp of CPG Leadership skillset including Business Analysis, Strategic Planning, Consumer Insights, Innovation, Advertising, and Consumer Promotion.
- Ability to effectively work with and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to excel in an environment that requires leaders to embrace responsibilities along a broad continuum from strategic planning to day-to-day execution details.
- Strength in analyzing business and brand via primary and secondary research to include syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen), Consumer & Shopper Insights, and business financials such as Profit and Loss and ROI.
- Ability to translate consumer, shopper and customer insights into ‘go to market’ strategies and plans (including new products, sales/trade communication, selling strategy & materials).
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations in order to bring ideas to life and build support internally with Sales Teams and Senior Management, as well as with business partners / accounts.