Performs extensive analytics around competitive activity, category trends, and promotional activity. Develops pricing analysis, SKU rationalization analysis, and fact-based trade recommendations supported by key performance indicators with the main focus of growing key accounts. Develops and maintains trade spending and pricing programs which maximize profit and volume. Provides ad hoc analysis for key internal and external customers.
- Lead collaborative business development process with senior sales leadership for assigned key accounts. Gain a full understanding of DFA Dairy Brand strategies and priorities and synchronize those strategies with customer objectives.
- Perform monthly and ad hoc analysis for key customers and prepare presentations and other materials as required. Proactively identify business growth opportunities through in-depth analysis of category information, internal shipment data, syndicated panel data, and key account scan data (when available).
- Conduct new item performance reviews, delivering findings and recommendations to senior sales leadership and other key personnel.
- Provide Gap Analysis to explore optimal pricing gaps between Brand and Private Label products to maximize sales.
- Works with sales personnel to develop quarterly trade promotional plans and programs, including shopper marketing programs. Identify key growth opportunities for the year and develop a plan to win.
- Reconciles promotional activities with these promotional plans, measures results, and presents findings to various levels of management; may take the lead and directly present at key customer meetings.
- Create IRI scorecards/Unify stories to analyze competitive trends and gain an understanding of the competitive market to better optimize our products in the marketplace.
- Provide category analysis for category reviews and new item introductions; utilize findings to make recommendations for opportunities to grow the business (distribution, assortment, pricing, etc.). Assist senior sales leadership with information for customer presentations.
- Maintain IRI market and panel data and reporting tools ensuring up-to-date information is available to all sales and management personnel.
- Utilize Power BI to develop dashboards that quickly identify sales trends and opportunities at key accounts. Create dashboards to be shared and presented by account managers in customer meetings to clearly communicate FMIC brand sales trends and areas for improvement.
- Provide analysis using both the DFA/FMIC Enterprise Data Warehouse as well as customer scan data (where available). Assist senior sales leadership with information for major customer presentations.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of applications and systems such as JDE or Power BI, preferred
- Must be very proficient in Microsoft Office Applications; expert level in Excel and PowerPoint
- Works to become a trusted advisor for every account assigned.
- Supports, demonstrates and promotes DFA FMIC values. Integrity (Build Trust), Passion (Carry the Vision), Performance (Produce Results), Quality (Lead the Way), Innovation (Make It Better), Accountability (Own It).
- Bachelor of Arts in Business, Economics, Accounting or other related curriculum plus 3-5 years of Sales, Category Management within a CPG (consumer packaged goods) company
- Or 7-9 years of Sales, Category Management within a CPG (consumer packaged goods) company
- Experience in the dairy industry a plus but not necessary
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks)
- Travel up to 25%