The Cash Application Team Lead is responsible for monitoring timely and accurate application customer payments received through bank lockbox, ACH, Wire, Credit Card or other methods to customer payments.
A strong customer service mindset is required for success. The Cash Application Team Lead will work with customers and cross-functional teams to understand to resolve payment application issues while adhering to established company policies and procedures.
- Maintain regional targets for days sales outstanding and adjustments
- Assure timely review of new accounts payment set up into the system.
- Oversee the cash application support staff in the timely resolution of adjustments.
- Prepare and present staff reviews as required.
- Reconcile payment remittance advice to the payment and funds received at the bank daily.
- Ability to gather the necessary documents from the local Dairies when needed
- Weekly team audits of cash application transactions 5% of the staff batches assigned or 2 batches per week per team member
- Maintain files of payments and support in a logical system for storage and retrieval.
- Matches payment support to system control documents for deduction processing.
- Follows up with trade customers’ accounts payable contacts for questions related to payments or supporting documents.
- Work to reduce exceptions through root cause analysis and escalation
- Support Deductions Team and Cash applications Team with clarification / guidance on unidentified payments
- Minimize risk of loss to the company by ensuring that overall customer cash application status is assessed prior to the issuance of promotional rebates/incentives
- Must be willing to work longer than 8 hours if necessary
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments & priorities
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to completion with sound business judgment
- Ability to organize and interpret data as well as communicating analytic results/recommendations
- Special projects as assigned (training and account reconciliation)
Change Management and Project Leadership:
- Support special projects with data through use of data mining tools and techniques or from OTC data files to resolve open issues
- Participate as an SME on cross organizational projects (process and technology)
- Identify process improvement opportunities and lead related change implementation
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- BS/BBA, Accounting, or other business-related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
Business experience required:
Minimum of two years relevant, applicable, and transferable experience in a corporate and/or Shared Services environment or equivalent (may be a developmental role based on prior skillset or degree)
- Highly organized
- Significant attention to detail
- Strong analytical thinker / capabilities
- Good communicator with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of transactional processes and systems
- Exposure to AS400 accounts receivable system or large ERP, a plus
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook desired
- Customer Service Mentality: ability to build collaborative relationships with customers and internal business partners (Finance, Commercial, Accounting)
- Leads by example
- Clear and concise communication skills
- High Level of Accountability
- Results Orientation
- Financial Business Acumen
- High sense of Urgency
- Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) – office environment
- Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) General Office Demands