Oversee all financial aspects for assigned location, including analysis, budgeting, and reporting. Coordinate local compliance with DFA policies and procedures and ensure cooperation with enterprise-wide functional departments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain adequate accounting system records, ensure timely completion of standard procedures (i.e. period end closing, financial statement analysis, and daily accounting transactions), and consistently enhance controls and business solutions designed to mitigate financial risk.
- Prepare and distribute periodic plant financial analysis including insightful commentaries detailing issues, opportunities, and action plans.
- Provide routine or ad hoc analysis and communicate with leadership regarding significant financial performance variances.
- Work closely with leadership to identify opportunities and develop strategies, understand internal business operations, and make decisions on process development and implementation to increase efficiencies and create cost savings.
- Manage employees, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and performance management. Maintain and promote positive employee relations in work environment.
- Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field
- 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in manufacturing
- Certification and/or License
- Prefer Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) (not required)
- May be required to obtain and maintain other certifications and/or licenses for continued employment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of company computer systems and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and JDE
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) related to accounting and financial reporting
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision, training, and personnel management
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Able to supervise staff efficiently and effectively
- Able to analyze and make recommendations from large amounts of data
- Able to work in collaboration effectively and foster good teamwork
- Able to think strategically and creatively
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Able to interpret and apply company policies
- Able to manage multiple various projects with sense of urgency
- Able to handle challenging or conflict situations with tact and professionalism
- Able to work collaboratively with employees in a variety of departments and build consensus around key initiatives
- Able to perform task and duties without constant supervision
- Able to read, write, and speak English
☐No travel required
☒5%-15% (1-3 times per year)
☐15%-25% (1-2 times per quarter)
☐25%-50% (up to 1 week per month)
☐50%-75% (up to 2 weeks per month)
☐75%-100% (3+ weeks per month)