The Shipping/Warehouse Manager provides leadership and direction to the warehouse / shipping department in areas of responsibility including administration, shipping, receiving, scheduling employees, sanitation, quality, safety and environmental. He/she works with the Plant Manager and/or Operations Manager as the liaison between the Plant and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Corporate, and State and Federal Regulatory Personnel.
* Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the shipping department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations.
* Coordinates the load out schedule with in-house distribution and outside contractors to ensure the timely and accurate load out and receiving of all products.
* Is responsible for expense management and control, including cooler dump, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Monitors, on a daily basis, the inventory and codes of all products in the cooler to ensure proper rotation and traceability of all items.
* Ensures all transactions are recorded timely and accurately, to reflect a correct inventory position at any time. These include shipments, donations, product loss and damage.
* Monitors and manages all aspects of employee performance.
* Ensures full compliance with all quality assurance standards, especially good housekeeping and overall cleanliness of products and work areas.
* Monitors and strives to achieve the successful attainment of the Sales to Service Metrics targeted.
* Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department.
* Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
* Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
• A minimum of 3 years' related experience, along with 2 years' of supervisory experience is required.
• Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Union (for union facilities), Safety, and Workers Compensation experience preferred.
• Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
• Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
• Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. * Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
• Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
• Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
• Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).