The Application Development Support Analyst's role is to deliver support to end users in the organization for specific software applications and mobile hardware configurations. This includes troubleshooting applications (providing Level Two support), software and rugged handheld mobile devices for all internal end users and external customers to resolve trouble issues per documented trouble tickets. This can include asset/device tracking, working with vendor’s/service providers and using Mobile Device Management tools.
The Application Development / Support Analyst is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of software applications when called upon to do so. This can include working on enhancements and major projects. This can also include translating business requirements from functional specifications into technical requirements for development, application evaluation, application configuration, application and integration testing as well as completing appropriate change management documentation.
This position will focus on ruggedized warehouse and route based handheld computer equipment, associated peripheral devices, related infrastructure components and all supporting operating systems and applications. This position will also support non-Mobile Logistics applications that interact with or are closely related to supported Mobile applications.
- Participate in 24/7 On-call rotation with other team members.
- Maintain a secure systems environment.
- Utilize existing resources to resolve server, operating system, and other mobile systems related infrastructure. (Level Two Support)
- Perform asset diagnostics & tracking using Mobile Device Management tools.
- Communicate with external suppliers and service providers for issue resolution and asset tracking.
- Develop new resources to resolve problems more effectively
- Develop user documentation and participate in user training when needed
- Develop a strong understanding of the hardware and software applications under area of responsibility
- Provide cross-training to other team members to ensure adequate backup support.
- Document troubleshooting instructions (continuous improvement)
- Ability to travel to any DFA location based in the continental US.
- Must be able to office out of Dallas or Kansas City Corporate DFA Locations
- Bachelor’s Degree in I.S., Computer Science or Business is required.
- A minimum of 2 years' related work experience, with a focus on application support, hardware support or vendor management (preferred).
- Experience with ruggedized mobile handheld devices , their peripheral devices and their various methods of communication (Ethernet, wireless, WWAN, Bluetooth) (Preferred)
- Experience with smart-device equipment is a plus.
- Experience with Mobile applications, Android, iOS or similar handheld and support software (Preferred)
- Basic experience with IBM iSeries platform (Preferred)
- Strong team player with willingness to collaborate, but ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to execute tasks with quality.
- Ability to analyze patterns and determine necessary steps for improvement.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills (i.e. works efficiently).
- Food and Beverage Industry experience a plus.
- Logistics/Distribution experience a plus.
- Understanding of cloud-based applications and their integration with backend systems is a plus.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).