The Route Sales Supervisor is responsible for the management of route sales drivers including training, objective setting and continuous improvement in route sales performance.
* Sets work schedules, ensuring coverage of each route.
* Maintains focus and responds constructively to daily routing situations. Acts decisively at the right time.
* Deals effectively with routing and customer situations.
* Trains route drivers to sell in products, includes new, seasonal, or line extensions.
* Trains route drivers to manage inventory, and merchandise product. Trains in pre-sell where applicable.
* Sets objectives and tracks results for each route sales driver.
* Utilizes data from XATA and other sources to assist senior managers with KPI’s.
* Ensures driver safety training conducted and coach safe driving practices.
* Optimizes distribution productivity.
* Ensures compliance with any DOT regulations; keeps informed of regulatory and logistical issues.
* Coaches and develops each driver by demonstrating skills and route riding on a regular basis.
* Encourages others to work as a team. Provides input and guidance to team.
* Helps sustain a culture that encourages commitment to quality service and high performance.
* Solves problems with desire to produce exceptional results.
* Coordinates and dispatches special deliveries.
* Coordinates route settlement and inventory validation on the route sales driver side.
* Manages customer complaints.
* Applies knowledge of basic Distribution techniques and concepts. Uses good judgment to handle issues and problems.
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
* Provides for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Committed to product quality and contributes to the best management practices in maintaining or reaching quality goals.
* Models, leads, and trains staff to ensure continuous improvement in all areas relevant to position.
* Leads by example with the Company's Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.