Purity, a DFA company, is seeking a Plant Engineering Manager to support our Nashville location. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and great growth potential.
The Engineering Manager ensures the delivery of engineering services to an assigned plant. He/she provides leadership and direction in assessing, determining and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance enhancement needs with significant focus on improving productivity and minimizing labor & overhead costs, as well as minimizing milk, ingredient and packaging waste while assuring highest levels of safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
* Ensures mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds in a 24-hour 7-day per week operation.
* Collaborates with plant management and corporate staff to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Designs, specifies and commissions capital projects which deliver project scope, on-time and on-budget, meeting agreed to stakeholder expectations.
* Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
* Develops, reports and analyzes key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create and implement corrective actions.
* Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
* Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
* Shares best practices within the Maintenance Department.
* Promotes a safe and environmentally sound workplace that complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
* Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
* Ensures compliance with all Dean Corporate policies, procedures and national suppliers.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required
* A minimum of 5 years experience, with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Auto CAD.
* Experience managing capital projects.
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Union (for union facilities), Safety, and Workers Compensation experience preferred.
* Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
* Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).