Mayfield Dairy, A DFA Dairy Brands Company, located in Athens, TN is seeking a Maintenance Manager to join our Maintenance Leadership Team!
We offer a competitive salary, opportunities for career advancement, and a full benefits package set to begin the first of the month after date of hire
Standard Shift: 1st 8am-4:30pm
The Maintenance Manager provides leadership and direction to plant maintenance function of a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws. May directly supervise employees or supervise through others.
* Collaborates with the plant engineer to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Manages both the maintenance and capital projects for the site.
* Utilizes mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds.
* Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
* Implements corrective actions identified by key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create overall equipment effectiveness.
* Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
* Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
* Shares best practices within the Maintenance Department.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
* Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
• Associate’s Degree or some college preferred in automotive technology
* a minimum of 5 years experience with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices. * Union (for union facilities), Safety, and Workers Compensation experience preferred.
* Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
* Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other computer-based applications.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).