The Logistics Specialist provides back end support to multiple Logistics Branch locations with the overall goal of achieving sales targets while lowering operating expenses. Back end support entails managing different systems for compliance with (DOT, FSMA, Inventory, etc.), making branch online purchases of goods and services, reconciling localized account payable activities, maintain records and scorecards, provide local dispatch/routing activities, run analyze and provide insights on logistic reports.
- Provides support to the Logistics team.
- Manages logistics systems such as the Distribution Management System, PeopleNet and DR Track Systems.
- Monitors daily routing changes and ensures cross-functional partners are informed of changes.
- Generates standard daily, weekly, and monthly reporting for the Logistics team, using routing software and other technologies.
- Analyzes route layouts to insure proper route coverage for existing/new customers or seasonal demands.
- Ensures data between systems is in sync at all times (routing data, customer requirements, unloading/delivery time, etc).
- Ensures compliance with applicable DOT (Department of Transportation) and FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) regulations.
- Maintains appropriate records, files, documentation and resolves routine problems.
- Performs general analyses on data, in support of Logistics Branch Managers.
- Assists in identifying opportunity areas for continuous improvement.
- Supports departmental goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma required, and 2 years related experience and/or training required.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Must be able to sit for virtually the entire shift.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25/60 pounds and assist others when lifting is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.