The Production Supervisor directly supervises production employees to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, coordinating weekly CI Meetings, addressing product and employee complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following all CI Processes and the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Works with Plant Management and other Supervisory Staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the plant.
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for, production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, state and federal guidelines.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments to machines.
- Coordinates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Evaluates needs in production for daily assignment of duties; establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records as required.
- Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Provide for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Trains and instructs employees in regard to production and equipment standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Leads by example with the Company's Code of Ethics. This includes following company policies, standards and specifications.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2 years' related experience and/or training.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).