Supply Chain Finance Director - Ice Cream Group
The Supply Chain Finance Director is a strong business partner and finance lead working closely with Ice Cream manufacturing operations supporting the development and execution of strategy. This position will lead strategic ideas into working plans, evolving the financial planning framework (budgeting/forecasting), and decision support activities. The Director will have opportunity to drive higher performance standards through leading manufacturing line profitability and SKU optimization along with leading cost savings opportunities.
- Provide strategic supply chain direction to cross functional partners, especially in areas of optimization, cost saving and best practice capabilities.
- Be a trusted advisor and expert to Plant Controllers, Plant Managers, and others, providing decision support to find common ground solutions to satisfy the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Leads the Plant controllers in development of annual plant budgets from early planning phase to successful development of SKU standards.
- Provide input and decision-making participation on a broad range of issues and ensure appropriate financial conclusions are reached on manufacturing initiatives.
- Leads SKU optimization annual process and drive action plan improvements to bottom 20% of SKU’s each year.
- Performs extensive variance analysis vs. prior years, budgets, plans and forecasts; includes business analysis to identify problem areas and make suggestions for improvement; develops and analyzes performance metrics.
- Formulate innovative ideas and map steps that will clearly accelerate the manufacturing organization towards its goals against budget/forecasting/action planning.
- Prepares updates on inflationary changes to ingredients/packaging to ensure pricing models reflect actual cost changes.
- Understand all cost drivers in-order to provide accurate and actionable data-driven insights.
- Develop Scorecards, KPI’s and standardized reporting to drive visibility
- Lead the development of annual/monthly costs of goods standards to ensure all pieces are updated in standards for shrink, freight, pricing, and labor/overhead for each SKU.
- Review team’s effort to ensure compliance with corporate policies, internal controls and accounting standards and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Direct Reports - 4 Plant Controllers.
- Travel: 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with an Accounting and/or Finance concentration; an MBA is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years of finance and business experience, preferably some of which has been performing manufacturing analysis and has consumer products experience, or an industry where the Finance function plays an active role.
- Demonstrated strength in financial planning and analysis in a company with complex business strategies.
- Analytical experience in logistics finance, supply chain, capital request, SKU profitability, Capacity planning and continuous improvement projects.
- Proven efficiency in identifying performance drivers and establishing financial goals.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
- Must be able to define, diagnose, and resolve problems.
- Possess an organization-wide perspective and understand how the business operates.
- Assist with strategy development and translate it into specific action plans that achieve desired results.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Adapt to changing organizational and operational needs and lead people through change.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background, and criminal checks).